General ManagerThe Melbourne International Film Festival is seeking a General Manager with a genuine interest in Film & Arts Festivals. Reporting to the Board, this role will be part of the Senior Management Team alongside MIFF’s Artistic Director (who delivers the screening program) and the Industry Director (who delivers the industry programs). The role of the General Manager is to manage the operational/service delivery side of the business - particularly in relation to the screening program. The role is part time with working hours varying throughout the year.
- Commercial and business leadership of MIFF
- Initiate and formulate strategic plans and management systems
- Marketing and sponsorship; review and approve all sales and sponsorship contracts as well as oversee all market research activities
- Oversee the management of all events
- Demonstrated experience and achievements in a solutions-focused service delivery management role in arts/events/media environment
- Demonstrated strong capability to work effectively as part of a Senior Management Leadership Team
- Sound negotiation skills with experience in business development and negotiating commercial agreements
- Strong financial management and project cost management skills with track record of delivering to budget
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and manage long-term, trusting relationships with potential business partners and stakeholders (including Government and Board).