Short in size doesn't mean short in content… Once again, best BigPond MIFF shorts pulls out all stops to present a short film competition that proves the short is as mighty as the feature.
With over 100 films drawn from more than 1000 entries from every point of the global compass, best BigPond MIFF shorts continues to be Australia's largest short film competition. As well as for industry kudos, these talented filmmakers are all vying for the richest cash pool ($35,000) for short films in any Australian competition.
You too can discover what everyone's talking about when we hand out the gongs at the best BigPond MIFF shorts Screening and Awards Night on Friday 10 August, 9.15pm at the Regent Theatre. Big things definitely come in small packages.
The best BigPond MIFF shorts awards on offer are:• City of Melbourne Grand Prix for Best Short Film
• Melbourne Airport Emerging Australian Filmmaker
• Film Victoria Erwin Rado Award for Best Australian Short Film
• Best Fiction, Documentary, Animation and Experimental short films
• Best Student Production
• Award for Short Film Promoting Human Rights
• Nova Cinemas Award for Creative Excellence in an Australian Short Film