USA, 1960 (MIFF 1961, Programme 35)
Director: John W. Ziegler
This hour-long film is a statement on behalf of contemporary art. It presents the movement from the first break with classical form to our art expression of today. Paintings used in the film were selected from the 1958 Retrospective Exhibition at the Carnegie Institute in Pittsburgh, which presented a survey of paintings shown at the International Exhibitions of te Insitute since 1894.