More value year-round, and festival privileges
- Exclusive member discounts on all tickets.
- Priority queueing and access at most festival venues, including the MIFF Box Office, hosted by ACMI (conditions apply).
- Exclusive opportunity to purchase a Festival Passport (member-only purchase).
- An invitation to the Members Festival Launch and an opportunity to collect an advance copy of the Festival Guide.
- Opportunity to purchase sessions two days prior to the general public.
- 10% discount on food and beverage at the MIFF Festival Lounge.
- Advance information on special festival offers, films and events.
- Invitations to complimentary preview screenings of latest film releases for members, courtesy of MIFF Members screening partners: ACMI, Cinema Nova, Classic Cinemas, Lido Cinemas, Palace Cinemas and the Sun Theatre (conditions apply).
- Concession entry to MIFF’s cinema partners upon presentation of a valid MIFF membership card. Current partners include ACMI, The Astor Theatre, Cameo Cinemas, Cinema Nova, Classic Cinemas, IMAX (20% discount), Kino Cinemas, Lido Cinemas, Mornington Cinema, Palace Cinemas (Como, Westgarth, Balwyn, Brighton Bay, Dendy Brighton), The Sun Theatre and Rivoli Cinemas.
(Note: Concession prices not available at Cinema Nova on Monday discount days and Saturday evenings after 5pm. All cinema partners may be subject to change).
- Year-round parking discounts within the Melbourne CBD through Secure Parking (see Membership FAQ for more details).
- Opportunities to win DVDs, further film preview passes and additional offers via the MIFF newsletter, Widescreen.
- The satisfaction that comes from supporting a not-for-profit organisation that works tirelessly to increase diversity in film programming and exhibition.
Premium Members enjoy the ultimate festival experience
- Premium Members receive a Festival Passport, which allows entry to every film at all venues throughout the festival (excluding special events).
- Every Premium Member has reserved seating in each festival venue. Attend any session you like, and you’ll have one of the best seats in the house waiting for you (excluding special events).
- A dedicated Membership representative on call to assist with your festival needs
- Each Premium Member receives an invitation for two to the gala Opening Night of the festival and the famous after-party.
- Each Premium Member receives an invitation for two to the Closing Night of the festival and the famous after-party.
- Premium membership includes a guarantee of a seat for you and a guest at any monthly member screening of your choice. Standard members receive a single pass to member screenings only.
- Premium Members each receive an invitation to a function upon the launch of the festival to meet the other Premium Members and discuss your film schedules.
- Premium Members also receive all of the benefits that regular MIFF members do (left), including discounts on cinema and theatre tickets purchased from MIFF partners.
- As a Premium Member you’ll feel the satisfaction of helping support an organisation that shares your passion for cinema – and you’ll be helping in a very real way to foster the creation of new and innovative film both locally and internationally.
Membership Value and Savings
Access to over $300 worth of annual savings
|ITEM||NORMAL PRICE||MIFF MEMBERS PAY||SAVING|
|Minimum 12 free member screenings per year||$228||$0||$228*|
|Concession prices at Melbourne cinema partners||$114||$90||$24**|
|Opening Night ticket||$150||$130||$20|
|Centrepiece Gala ticket||$75||$65||$10|
|Closing Night ticket||$95||$85||$10|
* Based on purchasing 12 tickets per year at the typical $19 price
** Based on purchasing 6 tickets per year at $15 per ticket rather than the typical $19 price.
Money Can’t Buy value: yours exclusively with MIFF Membership
|Pre-sale opportunities||N/A||Exclusive benefit||Money can’t buy|
|Priority Queuing||N/A||Exclusive benefit||Money can’t buy|
|Festival Launch invitation||N/A||Exclusive benefit||Money can’t buy|
|eNews insights and giveaways||N/A||Exclusive benefit||Money can’t buy|