Premium Member Benefits
Premium Members enjoy the ultimate festival experience.
- The Premium Membership program is capped to an exclusive 30 people.
- Premium Members receive a Festival Passport, which allows entry to every film at all venues throughout the festival (excluding special events).
- Every Premium Member has reserved seating in each festival venue. Attend any session you like, and you’ll have one of the best seats in the house waiting for you.
- Each Premium Member receives an invitation for two to the gala Opening Night of the festival and the famous after-party.
- Each Premium Member receives an invitation for two to the Closing Night of the festival and the famous after-party.
- Premium membership includes a guarantee of a seat for you and a guest at any monthly member screening of your choice. Standard members receive a single pass to member screenings only.
- Premium Members each receive an invitation to a function upon the launch of the festival to meet the other Premium Members and discuss your film schedules.
- Premium Members also receive all of the benefits that regular MIFF members do, including discounts on cinema and theatre tickets purchased from MIFF partners.
- Above all, as a Premium Member you’ll feel the satisfaction of helping support an organisation that shares your passion for cinema – and you’ll be helping in a very real way to foster the creation of new and innovative film both locally and internationally.
- Exclusive member discounts on all ticket options.
- Priority queueing and access to all festival venues, including the Forum Box Office (conditions apply).
- Exclusive opportunity to purchase a Festival Passport (now limited to member-only purchase).
- An invitation to the Members Festival Launch and an opportunity to collect an advance copy of the Festival Guide.
- Opportunity to purchase sessions two days prior to the box office opening to the general public.
- 10% discount on food and beverage at the Festival Lounge and Wine Bar.
- Advance information on special festival offers, films and events.
- Invitations to complimentary preview screenings of latest film releases for members each year, courtesy of MIFF members screening partners: Palace Cinemas, Cinema Nova, Classic Elsternwick and the Sun Theatre (conditions apply).
- Concession entry to MIFF’s cinema partners upon presentation of a valid MIFF membership card – Currently these partners include: ACMI, Cinema Nova, Palace Cinemas (Como, Westgarth, Balwyn, Brighton Bay, Dendy Brighton), Kino Cinemas, Classic Elsternwick, Astor Theatre, Cameo Belgrave, Imax (20% discount), Mornington Cinema, Sun Theatre and Rivoli Cinemas.
(Please note: Concession prices are not available at Cinema Nova on discount days (Mondays) and Saturday evenings after 5pm. All cinema partners may be subject to change).
- Crikey.com.au free two-month trial subscription offer (or a two-month extension to existing Crikey subscribers).
- Opportunities to win DVDs, further film preview passes and additional offers via the MIFF newsletter, Widescreen.
- The satisfaction that comes from supporting a not-for-profit organisation that works tirelessly to increase diversity in film programming and exhibition.