Each year the MIFF audiences have their say by voting for films throughout the festival via the MIFF app or website. At the end of the festival the top ten narrative feature films and top ten documentaries are announced. View the past several years of Audience Award winners.
Vote for films on the MIFF website or app for your chance to win the ultimate MIFF 2020 Experience:
- 1 x MIFF 2020 Membership
- 1 x MIFF 2020 Passport
- 2 x MIFF 2020 Opening Night Gala Tickets
To vote for films, you must be logged into your account, either here on the MIFF website or on the app.
Once logged in, go to tix.miff.com.au/vote.
Select either the Ticket Holders, Pass Holders or My Tickets tab.
Ticket Holders: you will find the voting code listed at the bottom left of your ticket. Enter the code to load your selected film then click on Rate to rate the film out of 10 stars.
Pass Holders: enter your pass serial number to load your films, then click on Rate to rate each film out of 10 stars.
My Tickets loads all tickets purchased, including single admit ones and tickets booked on a pass. Choose the film you wish to vote for then click on Rate to rate the film out of 10 stars.
Log in to the official MIFF 2019 App, go to Account (at the bottom of the screen on iPhones; on the left menu on Android) and select ‘My Tickets’. Select a title among the films you’ve seen.
On the ticket screen, rate the film out of 10 stars. You will find the stars at the bottom of the screen (select Vote Now on iPhone to show stars).
Enter your rating to submit your vote.
- 10: Instant classic – exists in a league of its own
- 9: Fantastic – cinematic brilliance
- 8: Excellent – contains so many good elements that any bad elements are overshadowed
- 7: Really Good – may not be perfect but definitely worth seeing
- 6: Good – decent enough entertainment
- 5: Average – mildly enjoyable
- 4: Bad – the negatives outweigh the positives
- 3: Really bad – fundamentally flawed
- 2: Terrible – almost unwatchable
- 1: Horrible – no redeeming qualities
Please note: you can only vote for each film once. You cannot vote for a film until after it has screened. After it has screened, you can vote for it at any time until the end of the festival. If you have any questions or concerns about voting for or rating a film, please contact our box office on 8660 4898.
NOTE: Retrospective and restored films, and the MIFF short films, are not eligible for the MIFF Audience Awards.
View the terms and conditions.