Terms & Conditions
Membership Terms and Conditions
- Passes and tickets purchased at member prices are strictly non-transferrable.
- Concession Membership prices apply to the holders of a card for the following concession types only: Seniors, Healthcare Card-holders and full-time students. Proof of concession is required on application.
- A member can purchase a maximum of one Passport or two eMini Passes per year, and no more than one single ticket per session only at the discounted member rate. A member may purchase no more than two tickets to Opening Night and two tickets to Closing Night at the discounted member rate. After a member purchases one Mini Pass, a member will no longer be able to purchase a Passport.
General Terms and Conditions
- Members must provide a valid membership card to receive full program benefits. If a membership card is not presented membership program benefits may be denied.
- Members will be allocated an exclusive admittance queue at each screening venue with priority entry to the cinema. Priority entry to screening venues not guaranteed for latecomers.
- Priority queues may be subject to spot membership card checks, to ensure the integrity of the member program.
- Membership cards are non-transferable and valid identification will be requested when making ticket purchases or pick-ups.
- Membership cards remain the property of the Melbourne International Film Festival.
- Members must be paid up until the end of the festival in order to qualify for membership discounts during the festival.
- Access to preview screenings may be restricted for members' guests pending venue capacity.
- Lost membership cards must be reported to the MIFF office.
- Melbourne International Film Festival reserves the right to make changes to the membership program without notice, as deemed necessary.
The festival has taken the necessary steps to ensure that all membership details are securely maintained. As part of the marketing operations of the festival, members may at various times receive information from sponsors or associated organisations. The distribution of any sponsor or third party material is at all times controlled by the festival. Contact details of members are provided to third parties for the purposes of fulfilling membership only. By applying to become a member you are expressly agreeing to the festival acting in this manner.
Premium Membership Terms and Conditions
- To guarantee your reserved seat, Premium Members must book into screenings by 5pm the day prior to the session (including for sessions that are on standby). Please note, if you book after this time we cannot guarantee that a seat will be reserved for you.
- A Premium Member’s Festival Passport is strictly non-transferrable.
- Premium Members can purchase a maximum of one single ticket for special events, and a maximum of two additional tickets to each of Opening and Closing Night at the discounted members’ rate. Premium Members cannot purchase additional Passports or Mini Passes at the discounted members’ price.