Terms and Conditions
This document outlines Melbourne International Film Festival (Filmfest Limited) ticketing Terms and Conditions. MIFF may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time. MIFF will post the varied Terms and Conditions on its website. By purchasing a ticket, you are agreeing to MIFF’s terms and conditions.
All sessions are 18 years & over (except where otherwise indicated) due to Film and Censorship guidelines for unclassified films. Infants are included in this restriction and will not be allowed access to the cinema. This policy is strictly adhered to.
Single Ticket Purchases:
- All single tickets are non-refundable but can be exchanged for an equal or lesser dollar value ticket online for a fee of $1 per ticket, or in person or over the phone for $2.50 per ticket. Any cost difference between the two tickets will not be refunded. Single ticket exchanges close 2 hours prior to the event start time.
- NO EXCHANGE OR REFUND IS OFFERED ON OUR SPECIAL EVENTS (including Opening Night Gala, Closing Night Gala, Centrepiece Gala and 37South events).
- eMini Passes cannot be refunded either in full or part. Tickets booked on an eMini Pass can be exchanged online for a fee of $1 per ticket, or in person or over the phone for $2.50 per ticket. Exchanges close 2 hours prior to session start times.
- eMini passes are for a single person's use and are not transferable to another person or refundable.
- eMini passes provide admission to any 10 sessions (excluding Opening Night, Closing Night, Centrepiece Gala and Special Events), plus three bonus weekday sessions before 5pm (valid Monday-Friday only)
- Passports cannot be refunded either in full or part. Sessions booked on a passport can be exchanged or cancelled free of charge online, over the phone, in person or over the counter. Exchanges close two hours prior to session start times.
- A passport entitles the holder to a single session entry per session start time, subject to availability.
- To guarantee entry Passholders must pre-book all sessions on their pass (subject to availability). It is possible to create a booking on a passport at the cinema door, however if the session is sold out or has limited tickets, passport holders without a valid pre-booking will be directed to the standby queue.
- Passports are valid for any 1 film within a specific session grouping (sessions are grouped according to start time, and have the same last 3 digits in the session code when in the same group) at any allocated time. This excludes Opening Night, Closing Night, Centrepiece Gala and Special Events.
- Passholders cannot book on a pass for some sessions, notably Opening, Centrepiece and Closing Night Galas and special events.
- Passports are for a single person's use and are not transferable to another peson or refundable. Passports can only be purchased by MIFF members whose membership is valid until the end of the festival.
- Lost passes can be replaced for a fee at the Forum Box Office, if you provide valid ID.
- If collecting in person, PASSPORTS may ONLY be collected from the FORUM Theatre - 154 Flinders Street by the person who owns the credit card that was used to purchase the Passport. The credit card used and the membership card must be produced at the Forum Box Office to collect the pre purchased passport.
- A booking fee of up to $7 applies for bookings made online, via phone or mail based on the dollar value of the booking. No booking fee applies to over the counter sales/door sales.
- Passport and eMini holders are exempt from booking fees if the order total is $0 when checking out. If the passholder has purchased additional tickets, then the booking fee applies
- Bookings may only be collected by the credit card holder on presentation of the credit card used for the booking, the booking number, and any relevant concessions.
- All sessions are general admission only. To guarantee a good seat, please arrive early.
- Valid Concession or membership ID must be presented when buying or collecting tickets and, if requested, on entry to the cinema.
- A valid Companion Card or valid Companion Card Number must be produced at the time of the booking to gain access to the Companion Card Scheme offer. Details of use are contained on the Companion Card website companioncard.org.au.
- Group Prices are available for indicated screenings, when 10 people or more purchase the group price in a singular transaction.
- Next Gen – customers under 18 years of age pay the Child rate, Over 18 of age pay the Single Ticket rate or the Weekday Special rate whichever is applicable to the scheduled session.
- Next Gen Family package is valid for 2 people who are under 18 Years of age and 2 people who are over 18 years of age.
- Next Gen – To gain entry Children Under the age of 15 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who is over 18 years of age.
- MIFF will endeavour to operate standby queues for all sold out sessions. Entry is subject to availability and not guaranteed.
- By submitting your order, you are indicating that you have read and accept the Melbourne International Film Festival (MIFF) Terms and Conditions. All orders are subject to credit card approval and billing address verification.
- MIFF reserves the right to deny any person admission to any festival managed venues.
- All persons seeking admittance to attend an event or session must have a valid ticket, irrespective of their age.
- MIFF accepts a range of concessions to help keep the festival accessible to all. We offer concession tickets on events (where listed) to MIFF members, full-time students, pensioners, healthcare card holders and seniors. We also offer concessions to the following industry groups: MEAA, AFI, SPAA, ACS, ADG, AWG, ASE, MQFF and ACMI. A current ID, pre arranged letter of concession or concession (union) card must be presented when buying or collecting tickets and, if requested, on entry to the cinema.
- Latecomers may not be admitted to a session, and tickets may be re-sold to a standby queue. There are no exchanges or refunds available if patrons arrive late to a session.
- MIFF offers priority service to its members and premium members. We reserve the right to let our members choose their seats first.
Session changes or cancellations:
- Particulars of the session or event may be changed without prior notice. Films, artists or performers may be added, withdrawn or substituted for specific performances or sessions. In the case of a cancelled film, MIFF will offer exchanges or return the booking onto your pass to allow you to purchase another film. Passes may not be refunded in full or part based on a film change.
- MIFF reserves the right to change the film format if necessary but will notify customers, and offer an exchange if the new format is of lesser quality.
Privacy and security of details:
- Your personal details will never be sold to a third party by MIFF or passed on for marketing purposes. MIFF stores your personal and payment details securely.