Membership Terms and Conditions
- Passes and tickets purchased at member prices are strictly non-transferrable.
- Concession Membership prices apply to the holders of a card for the following concession types only: Seniors, Healthcare Card-holders, Carer Card-holders, and full-time students.
- A member can purchase a maximum of two Mini Passes per year, and no more than one ticket per session only at the discounted member rate.
- A member may purchase no more than two tickets to Opening Night and two tickets to Closing Night at the discounted member rate.
Deluxe Membership Terms and Conditions
- Deluxe Members will be allocated an exclusive admittance queue at each screening venue with priority entry to the cinema.
- Priority entry to screening venues is not guaranteed for latecomers. To take advantage of priority entry, we advise you arrive at least 20 minutes prior to the advertised session start time.
- Priority queues may be subject to spot membership card checks, to ensure the integrity of the Deluxe Member program.
- A Deluxe Member’s Festival Passport is strictly non-transferrable and is valid for one entry per session.
- All sessions must be pre-booked and Festival Passports will be scanned at the door for entry.
- A Deluxe Member's Festival Passport is valid for standard sessions including VR, and Talks.
- A Deluxe Member's Festival Passport is not valid for Opening Night, Closing Night, Centrepiece Gala, Special Events and most Industry Events.
- Tickets must be pre-booked using your Festival Passport to guarantee admission to a session.
- Deluxe Members can purchase a maximum of two single tickets for special events, and a maximum of two single tickets to each of Opening and Closing Night at the discounted members’ rate.
- Deluxe Members cannot purchase additional Festival Passports.
General Terms and Conditions
- Members must provide a valid membership card to receive full program benefits. If a membership card is not presented membership program benefits may be denied.
- Membership cards are non-transferable and valid identification will be requested when making ticket purchases or pick-ups.
- Membership cards remain the property of the Melbourne International Film Festival.
- Members must be paid up until the end of the festival in order to qualify for membership discounts during the festival.
- Access to preview screenings may be restricted for members' guests pending venue capacity.
- Lost membership cards must be reported to the MIFF office.
- Melbourne International Film Festival reserves the right to make changes to the membership program without notice, as deemed necessary.
Member Screenings – COVID Safety
By attending a MIFF Member screening, you voluntarily assume the risks posed by COVID-19. MIFF relies on the Department of Health and Human Services’ COVIDSafe guidelines and its venue partners’ COVID-19 safety plans, and asks that attendees follow any advice or protocol provided by DHHS and/or the venue.
The festival has taken the necessary steps to ensure that all membership details are securely maintained. As part of the marketing operations of the festival, members may at various times receive information from sponsors or associated organisations. The distribution of any sponsor or third party material is at all times controlled by the festival. Contact details of members are provided to third parties for the purposes of fulfilling membership only. By applying to become a member you are expressly agreeing to the festival acting in this manner.