General Membership Terms
- Membership cards are non-transferable and valid identification will be requested when making ticket purchases or pick-ups.
- Members must be paid up until the end of the festival in order to qualify for membership discounts during the festival.
- Passes and tickets purchased at member prices are strictly non-transferrable.
- Concession Membership prices apply to the holders of a card for the following concession types only: Seniors, Healthcare Card-holders, Carer Card holders and full-time students. Proof of concession is required on application.
- A member can purchase a maximum of two in-cinema passes per year, and no more than one ticket per session only at the discounted member rate.
- A member may purchase no more than two tickets to special events at the discounted member rate.
- Members must provide a valid membership card to receive full program benefits. If a membership card is not presented membership program benefits may be denied.
- Membership cards remain the property of the Melbourne International Film Festival.
- Lost membership cards must be reported to the MIFF office.
- Access to preview screenings may be restricted for members' guests pending venue capacity.
- Melbourne International Film Festival reserves the right to make changes to the membership program without notice, as deemed necessary.
- Festival Passports can only be acquired as part of a Deluxe Membership package and are not transferable to another person.
- Sessions booked on a passport can be exchanged or cancelled free of charge online, in person or over the phone. Exchanges close two hours prior to session start times.
- To guarantee entry to a session, Deluxe Members must pre-book all sessions on their Passport (subject to availability).
- Passports are valid for any one film within a specific session grouping (sessions are grouped according to start time and have the same last 3 digits in the session code when in the same group) at any allocated time.
- A Deluxe Member’s Festival Passport is strictly non-transferrable and is valid for one entry per session.
- Deluxe Members cannot purchase additional Festival Passports.
- Lost passes can be replaced for a fee at the MIFF Box Office if you provide valid ID.
- Festival Passports may ONLY be collected from the MIFF Box Office by the person who holds the corresponding Deluxe Membership. The credit card used to purchase the Deluxe Membership and the membership card must be produced to collect the Passport.
- Deluxe Members will be allocated an exclusive admittance queue at each screening venue with priority entry to the cinema.
- Priority entry to screening venues is not guaranteed for latecomers. Deluxe Members are encouraged to arrive at least 20 minutes prior to the advertised session start time.
- Priority queues are subject to presentation of a Festival Passport, to ensure the integrity of the Deluxe Member program.
- The festival has taken the necessary steps to ensure that all membership details are securely maintained. As part of the marketing operations of the festival, members may at various times receive information from sponsors or associated organisations. The distribution of any sponsor or third-party material is at all times controlled by the festival. Contact details of members are provided to third parties for the purposes of fulfilling membership only. By applying to become a member you are expressly agreeing to the festival acting in this manner.